A Post Day One Priority Schedule!
Want to save some money? Here are the Vagabond’s Ideas For Obama and the New Congress to consider:
1. Close Guantanamo and end USA sponsored torture. Tell the word that such a thing will never happen again.
2. Get a law enacted that prevents US companies from exporting jobs to any country that does not allow Collective Bargaining.
3. Institute a Windfall Profits Tax on Big Oil Companies who grew fat on the Iraq War. End No-Bid Contracts, cancel those on the books and institute a War Profiteering tax.
4. Re-Instate the New Deal safeguards that Reagan/Gingrich/Bush used to get us into the financial crisis.
5. End funding for SDI.
6. Publish a repayment schedule for all those who get “bail-outs.”
7. A law stating that corporations may not have their own armies or militia.
8. Re-criminalize all domestic spying.
9. Freeze military spending (now more than a trillion a year) with a goal to reduce it at least 33% in the first Obama Administration.
10. Find out where the $12 billion in cash, 363 tons of it, that was sent to Baghdad from May 2003 to June 2004 ended up, and if one single dollar found it’s way into terrorist hands, charge those who authorized the dispersal with aiding and abetting the enemy, or treason. (House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Henry Waxman said at the time “We have no way of knowing whether the cash shipped into the Green Zone ended up in enemy hands.”)
That was some “Green Zone!” Somebody knows. Find out, now.